Democratic schools empower children. EUDEC empowers democratic schools. We work with you to make a positive impact on education and in your school. Learn more »
What is EUDEC?
EUDEC is a non-profit organisation that promotes democratic education as a sensible educational model for all democratic states. Its members are individuals, schools and institutions throughout Europe with decades of experience in democratic education. Read more »
What is Democratic Education?
There are two pillars of democratic education:
- self-determined learning.
- a learning community based on equality and mutual respect. Read more »
EUDEC currently represents ...
about 60,000 people and 60 groups from 29 countries, including:
- more than 58,000 school students.
- 43 schools.
- 24 school start-up groups.
- 3 other organisations: the German National Association of Free Alternative Schools (BFAS), UK-based Phoenix Education Trust and the Swiss Union of Student Organisations (USO).
- and almost 200 individual members.
Our newsletter is sent out about every two months and brings you stories, articles, and news from the world of Democratic education. Have a look at our latest newsletter.
Subscribe to the newsletter here.
EUDEC in your areaThere are regional and local EUDEC groups in many different places in Europe. To get into contact with them, either simply write an email to , contact somebody at one of our Member Schools in your area or register on this website and then use our Public Discussion Forum.